Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Taste of Freedom

Let's make it last forever

15 November 2011. How can I ever forget that night? I felt as though I just stepped out of prison after serving a 10-year sentence. The taste of freedom was sweet to my tongue.

At 3pm that day, I officially completed my GCE 'O' level examination. I didn't have to think about studying for at least two whole months. The first thing I did when I got home was to clear all my books and notes. Xavier discarded two big plastic bags of my worksheets.

My girlfriends came over to my place at 6pm to chill for awhile before leaving for Bugis. We shopped, did manicure and pedicure and had our favourite I ♥ Taimei. We then headed to the cinema to catch You Are The Apple Of My Eye.

It was already midnight when our movie ended. We walked around Bugis for a short while before taking a cab to Somerset. The night was still young. We spent the rest of the night at KBox, singing and dancing and laughing away. It was perfect! At 5:30am, we left KBox and walked to Orchard MRT station. We had breakfast at McDonald's before heading back to my house to sleep. That was a hell of a night out.

That taste of freedom, I will never forget it.

No one can buy it, and only special people can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment